Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bye bye Dada

I never wanted to do this but with the whole of the cricket fraternity, I have to do this.
Say good bye to my icon Saurav Ganguly.
The God of offside will no longer come to the pitch. The guy who could hit the ball out of the stadium without any muscle being strained is gone. Spinners will breathe easy that elegance is gone.
And its not only about batting as he had his short comings too. But its about the non chalance and audacity with which he created a team which indulged in sledging (or mind games), can hit opponents, brought a swagger in the walk. Turned rookies into hard core cricket assasins. Backed the people he believed to the utmost point. Never hesitated in making tough calls.
And last but not the least never gave up. Each and every come back illustrates mental toughness. That hunger to prove that come on dare to take on me. I still have gun powder left to blow your analysis (wrong of course).
Hope, the mercenaries of cricket he created now create an army for this resting Maharaja. I only wish that he somehow comes back with the team or Indian cricket in any capacity.

4 comments:

Che Guevara on the Road said...

Hey Percy...

Great to see you finally writing something and posting it as well...

But I have my serious doubts against some of your points...

He would never be a legend for me...due to his bad attitude & for also never being a consistent performer...

But truly the agression & spirit he brought to Indian Cricket has been commendable and I would always respect him for that...our cricket was literally dying a slow death before he became our captain...

And I never know he was your icon or idol !!! this comes as news to me...

Looking forward to more posts from you...

Cheers...
Nishant "CHE" Jha

Aditya said...

Hey Precy,

good to see the first one was on data.

Dada brought passion and style along with agression to indian cricket... and who can forget the majestic six dancing down the pitch overe long off and into the stands... no one in the world can dare come close near ... because only our Dada can do it ....

cheers to dada and your first blog ...

bye,
Siddharth

Unknown said...

hi Prashant........great to see in new role of writing Blogs.....well i really appreciate ur views ..infact i also admire him for his leadership qualities.....for building team.....specially for briging the fire attitude in d team....but unfortunately, when he was in mess with chappel, no one has backed him, even by youngster whome DADA braught in.....but DADA's contribution will always rememebr in d cricket for his dominating attitude against opponenents.......


Keep writing blogs

Cheers

Vijay

Gurpreet Dhariwal said...

I never knew you liked Dada...Mee and Tenny oh my gawd...missed his presence a lot for a long time...I stopped watching cricket the day he packed his bags:( I still miss him...

Love you dada