Monday, November 24, 2008

Money isn't real

I picked this up from one more impressive movie I saw today. Johnny Depp starrer, "BLOW". Quite a good movie with a nice storyline and an important message which I always try to remember but I always forget.
The lesson being, " Money isnt real ". Jung, the character played by JD, got to learn this hard way after 42 years. He got to realise the importance of other things. But again the effect started to vain of me as I was typing the blog. And slowly but surely it again crept in my mind. Whether I truly believe in this statement or it one of those idealistic thoughts that keep coming back in my head. How long can I survive without cash these days.
Can someone even question the path that Jung took in the movie. Do we really feel sorry for him? Actually thats the whole paradox in the film. Even though there are strong emotions and lots of betrayal in the movie, you can't really point out a villanous character. Sometime you feel angry and sometime sorry.
But ultimately we realise we are all trying for the same thing. The Money, which again may not be real for any of us. Now, I am unable to finish off this post as I am falling short of words so if some of my friends can watch the movie and take this post to logical ending I would really appreciate that.

5 comments:

Che Guevara on the Road said...

I watched this movie 2-3 years back and thats why vaguely remember the exact story though still can remember the theme...I loved this movie though...great script...tight editing and awesome acting...

n regarding your Money comment...I strongly feel that Money is damn important but not everything...one shud hv enuf money to lead a decent life...thats it...beyond that nobody is ever satisfied with the amount of money one has...the needs & desires just keep going up with time passing by...

I am myself not very ambitious in life but just desire that much money to keep my life going amoothly and to allow me to pursue all my passions...

Keep blogging buddy...
Che

Unknown said...

Although I haven't seen the movie but still feel strongly that money is not everything. When we are running after money...we forget the whole purpose of why we are earning that money.... we forget that we are earning that money to make our inner self happy and healthy, to make our near and dear ones comfortable....we forget those desires and passions for which we started this long race .......while writing this i remember what my brother always say....."chahey jitna marzi kamaa lo khani to roti he hai'...... ultimately you need bread to fill your stomach whether Indian Thai or Italian....

Take Care
Pooja

Unknown said...

its not about earning money well enough to have a decent life style......the movie is about the childhood spent which makes u believe that money is the most important thing.....something like 50 cent says.....get rich or die trying.....it is about how small things in life make a big impression that makes u take wrong path in the life......or rather make one phobic to monetary failure

Aditya said...

yeah cheating hai .... hytou blog only about movies that i havent seen .... tell me what better can i write than this ....

Gurpreet Dhariwal said...

Money isn't everything but yeah we cannot survive without it. We can only survive when we have made up our mind for something that is beyond money i.e. writing for me. :) Somewhere down the line, I want to reach the mass without expecting anything in return. I don't even wish to have royalty. How would I do that? Yeah I'm coming with my book soon :)